Husky Instructors

denningte

Northern Colorado area - TD (denningte) private, commercial, instrument, conventional gear checkout, off-airport and mountain basics. Former military high performance instructor/evaluator and flight safety officer/investigator, current Part 121 captain. Contact me by email at denningte@proton.me. Text me at 970-396-3205. I do not hover over the forum enough to catch messages in real time.

CFII-MEI-ATP

Last edited:

Snowbirdxx

Europe, preferred below 50°N, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria

Tailwheel, basics, advanced, Skis basics, Mountain basics & advanced Glacierlandings, EASA Senior Flight Examiner ( Sen DPE)

Thomaspdietrich at Gmail.com

TomD

Last edited:

mvivion

Mike Vivion

Tailwheel basic and advanced, low level maneuvering flight, Husky insurance checkouts on wheels, skis or floats. Winter operations. Experienced on all models of Husky and floats. Experienced mountain pilot and instructor.

Can travel during summer months, or weekends rest of the year.

Mike Vivion

Pilot83

Europe, France (South east, Alps) :)

Tailwheel, basics, advanced, Skis basics, Mountain basics & advanced Glacierlandings, JAR -FCL FI FE

prichfield

I'm based up near BDL (Bradley Intl, Windsor Locks CT), and would love to help anyone in the Northeast needing help with a Husky checkout, preferably in their airplane. I'm an ATP and CFIIMEI with 7289 hours, including 1634 hours in my '99 A-1A.

Paul Richfield (paulrichfield@cox.net)
860-707-3773

seaplane150

I am located in southeaster Alabama and I teach in a 2000 A1B on Wipline Floats. I also have available a Cessna 150 on floats and a Cub for basic tailwheel instruction.

JimC01

I am a HUSKY owner and a CFI.

I live in Conway, NH and base my HUSKY at KIZG (Fryeburg, ME).

So, ME/NH - If you think I might be of assistance, let me know.

JamieDeck

I'm located in Albuquerque,NM. I have a 08 A1-C-180. I have over 400 hours in Huskies and a lot of that time is teaching in them and 1000 in conventional gearvaircraft. Over 10 years expierence teaching in multiple makes and models of conventional gear aircraft.
James Deck
505-220-9914

thebignickey

Atlanta, Georgia

I have over 300 hours of instruction given in the husky.

I offer tailwheel endosments, Advanced tail wheel training, backcountry training. Seaplane ratings, and advanced seaplane training. Including Amphib aircraft. I am also available for insurance check outs, and familiarization training.

Although I am located in the Atlanta area, but I am happy to travel to your location as well.

I am also available for any of your maintenance needs.

-Nick
nickgill@gillaviation.com

tonyhunt

Canadian Instructor, Ottawa area - previously a Husky owner (A-1B), Class 3 instructor with M-IFR. 800+ hours total tailwheel, 600+ hours Husky and over 300 hours tailwheel dual given - Husky, Citabria/Decathlon, Cessna 170, Fleet Canuck, etc.

Chuck Chandler

I am not an instructor, but I can recommend a good one. Jeff Welch wrote the book Husky 101 (available on Amazon), and is a great instructor. I brought him to Texas (from Michigan) to give me some lessons after a couple of ground loop incidents that occurred early in my efforts to fly the Husky. Best money I spent on training! Contact details for Jeff can be found at www.freedomhusky.com

Attachments

• Husky101.jpg
    Husky101.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 45

Bouncer

I own a 2007 A-1B based at Robert J. Miller Airpark, Toms River, NJ; can anyone recommend a CFI in the area for refresher training leading to a BFR.
I'd prefer to use my own airplane in Toms River.

Any advice is much appreciated.

joemcd

Not too far away is Damian Delgaizo at Andover-Aeroflex(12N). He is a very knowledgeable and reputable instructor.

Bouncer

Thanks for the suggestion.

Damian's a great guy, I got my tail wheel endorsement from him years ago.

I think he's into Super Cubs now, he sold the Husky I think.

Awellslo

Help. Can anyone recommend a good Husky instructor in Central Oregon or the Seattle area? I have about 500 hours in my A1-B but I'd like to improve. I want to master my machine but I think my learning curve has plateaued. Somehow, I am only able to teach myself just so much.

Thanks

Ak Kurt

Help. Can anyone recommend a good Husky instructor in Central Oregon or the Seattle area? I have about 500 hours in my A1-B but I'd like to improve. I want to master my machine but I think my learning curve has plateaued. Somehow, I am only able to teach myself just so much.

Thanks

Hop over to Bozeman and get in touch with Mike Vivion, he will "tune you up"! Lots of real Husky experience and fantastic instructor. He may be lurking here, he may not. He is on Back country pilots as MTV.

Kurt