Husky Instructors

huskycfi

I have been teaching in a A-1 for about 3 years. I primarily do tail wheel endorsements, stick and rudder skill building, and off airport ops. I have instructed in several different tail draggers and have owned three different ones. The Husky is my favorite and for many reasons.

I am based out of KTTA which is south of the Raleigh area.

Send an email to: n112sc at gmail dot com

airplanebrad

I've owned several huskys and fly them for what they were designed to do.
I can get you going if you're close by and need some dual or want to learn the limits of these planes.

Brad Crawford KHOT
CFI/MEI

DAFLYR

Instructor and Husky need food!
Seriously, I do basic and advanced tailwheel, instrument, bi-annuals, Wings, and other "fun" stuff. No primary! Based out of SE Michigan at 57D. Will travel within the Great Lakes area on the weekends. 907 978 6088 (Yes, AK number!)
Dan
CFI/II Husky Owner

jkalus

I'll do Husky checkouts in Afton in the summer. I'm willing to discuss other needs, but my time for anything involved is limited. I've had my Husky for 19 years.

ATP CFII MEI AGI Gold Seal

FW Dave

I am not an instructor, but I can recommend a good one. Jeff Welch wrote the book Husky 101 (available on Amazon), and is a great instructor. I brought him to Texas (from Michigan) to give me some lessons after a couple of ground loop incidents that occurred early in my efforts to fly the Husky. Best money I spent on training! Contact details for Jeff can be found at www.freedomhusky.com
I just flew with Jeff a month ago for couple days.. great guy, great instructor, great knowledge base. We have become friends from it..

Zibby

Mike Vivion

Tailwheel basic and advanced, low level maneuvering flight, Husky insurance checkouts on wheels, skis or floats. Winter operations. Experienced on all models of Husky and floats. Experienced mountain pilot and instructor.

Can travel during summer months, or weekends rest of the year.

Mike Vivion
Location?

sandbilly

Mike Vivion

Tailwheel basic and advanced, low level maneuvering flight, Husky insurance checkouts on wheels, skis or floats. Winter operations. Experienced on all models of Husky and floats. Experienced mountain pilot and instructor.

Can travel during summer months, or weekends rest of the year.

Mike Vivion
How is the best way to contact you ?

I have been teaching in a A-1 for about 3 years. I primarily do tail wheel endorsements, stick and rudder skill building, and off airport ops. I have instructed in several different tail draggers and have owned three different ones. The Husky is my favorite and for many reasons.

I am based out of KTTA which is south of the Raleigh area.

Send an email to: n112sc at gmail dot com
Bob Wall?

Husky101

Post your information here.
Husky dual. Contact Jeff Welch author of "Husky 101-Flying The Husky" . For dual flight instruction please contact jeffwelch2426@gmail.com, or 989-255-6068. Husky CFI. Initial, Recurrent, Flight Review. Over 9,000 landings in the back seats of Husky's giving dual instruction. Will travel to your location. Even if you don't need dual at this time, send me a message asking for your complementary chapter regarding aborted-takeoff procedures. This chapter could save your life and it is totally free of charge. The best free advice that money can't buy! Be safe out there. God bless.

Todd F

Looking for a Husky CFI for insurance check out, and currency renewal in Denver, Co area. (208) 297-0026
Hi. Did you eventually find a CFI? My son is in Denver and is looking for someone for a flight review.. Either there or in the Rifle area where I keep my Husky.. Thanks.

Whiskeybravo

Contact Todd Denning, he's in your area. Delta captain and Husky driver. CFII, MEI, ATP, ex AF. Top notch and I think used to be a member of this forum. tdenning ? (970) 396-3205. Could not ask for better. Let me know how it turns out.

Last edited:

groshel

Besides the above any other leads for a Husky specific checkout around Denver / ABQ areas.

Potential new owner near PUB is asking.

Thanx,

Chris

mtseat

I posted this in a different thread in April. Here is the info again.
Kevin Kellogg teaches in his C-140 out of Erie (KEIK) north of Denver. He's flown Huskys, Cessnas, Beavers, wheels/floats/skis in Alaska and checked me out in my Husky.
907-565-9149 kkb1rd12@gmail.com