Not a Husky but fun

Snowbirdxx

Not a Husky but another piece of art promising fun. Game composites the top quality manufacturer of the GB1

Snowbirdxx

Kurt & Kent , Phillip is the designer of the Gamebird and one of my former students. The acro-plane he designed before was the Xtreme 242. On the GB1 he eliminated all items of the 242 which were not a 10 score. This bird flies like a dream. Within seconds after the takeoff the pilot and the plane form a inseparable team . By merely moving the controls the plane does exactly what the pilot is thinking, without being overreactive. Once you go acro, you better start with all the basic stuff , which the plane flies with ease before going unlimited. There the GB1 is unmatched. Easy and honest recovery from flat spins and inverted flatspins. 195 KTS cruise and more than 800 NM range speak for themselves. Too bad I have to sell it soon.

Ak Kurt

Wow, that sure sounds like an incredible airplane. I assume the Gnochas like it too?

Kurt

Clifford

A buddy I flew acro against / with just sold his Super Decathlon and got a Gamebird; based in the B.C. Canada area. Looking forward to seeing it this year at contests.

Snowbirdxx

A buddy I flew acro against / with just sold his Super Decathlon and got a Gamebird; based in the B.C. Canada area. Looking forward to seeing it this year at contests.
Its a big step for Stu from the Super Decathlon to the GB. But he will enjoy it!

trapper

Thats a nice bird!!!! I love my F1. What are the G limits?

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

tbienz

I’ve read that more than 5 G’s usually causes non-pilots to pass out and trained aerobatic pilots can get up to 7 or 8. But without a pneumatic g suit, I guess this plane can handle more than its pilot.

Proteus

A friend has a cap 232 which is +-10 . I've seen his g computer record 9.8. He doesn't wear an inflating suit. I think you can build up a g tolerance and also you're not holding it for a long time.

I find it fascinating what loads must be going through the prop hub and crankshaft / engine case. It must be pretty extreme.

Snowbirdxx

I’ve read that more than 5 G’s usually causes non-pilots to pass out and trained aerobatic pilots can get up to 7 or 8. But without a pneumatic g suit, I guess this plane can handle more than its pilot.
Thomas,

in these relative slow planes ( 200 KTS )G forces do not last long during maneuvers. You can deal with them if trained by tensioning muscles. Military jets are a different story, The pull ups with high Gs take forever, a pneumatic suit is helpful, even the best guy needs to breathe.