SGS on Shock Gear

P Taylor

Hi Thomas,
My name is Pete Taylor based at KRBL. I emailed you a couple of times to pay you for a couple of sets of the sgs.
You can reply off line and thanks in advance
Pete

trapper

I need to pay Thomas for my SGS kit. Whats the best way to get it to him? I think I have his address but dont know if that is the method

Snowbirdxx

I shipped the last remaining Super SGS kits to Holton. After this batch I need to get more vulcanized, which takes about 3-4 weeks. Which would be a April availability.

Kent Wien

Finally installed the Super SGS on my Shock Gear Husky today. Managed to get 5 landings so far on pavement and I’m really impressed.

Its like going from the stiff gear in a Luscombe to a soft marshmallow-like Champ. Or as Kurt says, it’s like you’re flying 31” Alaskan Bushwheels while flying with 26” Goodyears.

My first thought was of the flight school nearby that has a Husky they use for tailwheel endorsements. This would make life easier for their students. Yes, it even makes the airplane easier to fly. (Oh and it adds 5 knots).

We were able to pull the wing down and install it with the shocks in place. Use really good straps and something heavy (700 pounds at least) like a car trailer hitch.

Thanks Thomas!
Kent

sublettfarms

In addition to Gusts description: The SGS counteracts the Bungees , if the gear in in flying position. Therefor the Bungees get much easier to be stretched in case of a bounced landing. The more the gear deflects, the less the SGS kit is counteracting the bungees. A gear with SGS has a much softer gear for small gear deflections , but the full bungee strength after about 3" deflection. Thats why a SGS kit is making the spring-function of the gear progressive. Just putting softer bungees on will not do the same job.
I am about to install my super SGS kit but mine did not come with any instructions. If anyone has a photo of them installed it would be very much appreciated.