T3 tailwheel

Don

anyone have success in additional field approvals for the T-3 or ACME Stinger? Thanks.

Flying Dave

Austin (the young man doing all of the stol
competitions) had an Acme tailwheel on his Husky when I saw it at OSH. I’m guessing he got a field approval somehow. Dunno…

Attachments

• 9D3484BC-686A-4F8A-A97C-6FAD50861ACA.jpeg
    9D3484BC-686A-4F8A-A97C-6FAD50861ACA.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 70

Don

I am trying to get an answer to that. In the meantime today they announced their shimmy dampener, STC’d with theirs and legacy Scott tailwheels. Looks interesting, $950 ($50 if an early adopter).

Don

Dan at supercubsnorth.com is hopeful for STC approval for the super cub this spring and the Huskies (and others) would be quick to follow. Great guy. Provided an example of the field approval for another Husky. I went ahead and ordered the HD dual shock version for my A-1C. Will seek a field approval.

Bowser

Installed a T3 on my Husky last fall. Nice upgrade. See it as a motocross swing arm attached to your tail minus the weight. A1 owners, you will need to oversize one AN size your front attach bolt and rear brackets bolts holes. Been operating the last month on skis (-20 C) and the two shocks are loosing oil. Will be upgrading the stock shocks with FOX’s.

Attachments

• E97F1E3B-7976-4C02-8A15-8D820980FD35.jpeg
    E97F1E3B-7976-4C02-8A15-8D820980FD35.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 47

Oryx

Installed a T3 on my Husky last fall. Nice upgrade. See it as a motocross swing arm attached to your tail minus the weight. A1 owners, you will need to oversize one AN size your front attach bolt and rear brackets bolts holes. Been operating the last month on skis (-20 C) and the two shocks are loosing oil. Will be upgrading the stock shocks with FOX’s.
That is clean and compact. Thanks for the report!
What is the total weight of the unit minus the fork and wheel