Weight and balance

Flying Dave

Reason I asked is the metal 80” Hartzell is supposed to be quite heavier than the 76” or composite props. Just curious if you had the extra weight hanging out there.

Snowbirdxx

80 Inch Hartzell comes with a harmonic dampener. A huge Plate as big as the Starter gearplate with Steel weights on IT. Yes, thats heavy.

AirBorn

Great News! We found the W&B mistake!
The last weighing of my A1, wasn't correct. He didn’t interpolate the correct arm, by putting the scale under the tailwheel and not the recommended nut on the spring arm. That was 14.5 inches to far aft! The actual arm of the tail wheel nut is 245” but the wheel itself is 259.5

Not all certified FAA approved W&B inspectors are aware of the weigh point on a Husky! I understand why they don’t want to Jerry rig a post to hold the airplane up, in case it slips off and punctures the fabric.

All in all, ”I’m legal again”. Thanks to Husky and their help, Ed, and Sal at On-Site Weight and Ballance in Lakeland,FL.
1706190713571.jpeg

Snowbirdxx

Good to hear. What do we learn from this? Before panicing and blaming somebody else, check for a problem between the headset and read the manuals. I am expressively not saying that you blamed somebody else, but its a general rule. Fly safe