New AD Applies to all Husky Years and Models Effective 9/1/20

Whiskeybravo

Inspection covers can also be purchased from Aviat for around $6 ea. and they have the screw holes. You paint, or they will paint for $96/hr...told me they didn't carry my 3255 yellow color anymore...So had some color matched and put in a rattle can by Sherwin Williams for $10/can, $28/qt.

Ak Kurt

I would be curious to know the condition of the subject parts in the high time airplanes in the fleet. I wonder how it looks in Jim Wark’s airplane with its 9,000 or so hours on it.

Kurt

Kent Wien

I’ve heard of some doing the inspection with a boroscope to avoid opening the inspection plates.
Thoughts?

I agree with Tom, also I think the cracking is due to improper rigging. The horizontals need to be level, Ive seen them rigged poorly and when done so they could be possible to rig in a dihedral situation which puts stress on the H tubes. Check your tails! Stop pulling on the handles.
I have hardly ever used those handles, and I have about 1200 hours on my airframe (2004 A1-B). I use a Best Tug, which is awesome, albeit rather expensive ($3000). My back is worth it...