Pinky Rings??

jliltd

Bumper. You have always been such a good Husky neighbor here at flyhusky. Really helpful with both knowledge and parts. You obviously like helping other Husky owners here for the fun and sense of accomplishment in sharing information with like-minded folk. Hope the pacemaker thing and doctor's visits go well for you. While a lot of us would like your Pinky Rings and love the idea of your machined version, don't ever think we may be taking your offer for granted. While you like working on your lathe there is the not so fun side like having to answer a bunch of emails and package shipping of the rings. I really don't know how to express to you how much your posts here have helped me and others. So if you don't feel up to making pinky rings any time soon that's fine. Don't let the many requests here put any pressure on you. And although you do this gratis for the love of it, I don't think there would be much opposition if you decided to charge good money for the time and materials involved. If you do prefer to keeps things in a non-compensatory status I get that too. But I for one would be happy to send you and yours some home-grown pecans or a gift certificate or other. Regardless if you ever turn another pinky ring again. Just for being a great contributor and friend here.

bumper

Jliltd,

Thank you for the kind post! An update, sorry this is taking so long, had to fix the sprayer on the tractor - that time of year for weeds and spraying apple trees too.

I have 5 pinky rings made, then had to put the project on hold to attend to other things. I'll get enough PR's made to cover current requests and then ask for ship-to addresses to get them in the mail. They will be sent free, though I'll include a slip info for those who prefer to make a small donation to the cause.

No word on pacemaker yet. Waiting for call back from the doc.

bumper

bumper

Pinky Ring update:

I have 20 some odd made and almost ready to send out. To get one, please PM me here on "FlyHusky" with your email address. I'll respond to your email with PR installation instructions. Then email me back your mailing address and I'll get your PR on the way as soon as I can.

There will no doubt be some delays, they won't fit the slot in our local outbound mail box, so have to take them to the P.O. - I'll do that in batches. They'll be sent in a small padded manila envelope that will require hand cancelling and sorting. This typically adds to delivery time as much as 10 to 15 days for USA, other countries no doubt longer.

Update from the doc, tentative date for pacemaker install is 5/26. Looking forward to hopefully having more energy and being active again, maybe riding my bicycles etc.

bumper

I started emailing Pinky Ring instructions, but immediately got bounce backs, so will remove the picture from those emails and try again. Here's the picture I tried to include. From Left to Right, Installation tool, cardboard strip with 1/2" wide clear double-stick adhesive, Pinky Ring along with masking taped plastic protective sleave.

Pinky Ring update:

I have 20 some odd made and almost ready to send out. To get one, please PM me here on "FlyHusky" with your email address. I'll respond to your email with PR installation instructions. Then email me back your mailing address and I'll get your PR on the way as soon as I can.

There will no doubt be some delays, they won't fit the slot in our local outbound mail box, so have to take them to the P.O. - I'll do that in batches. They'll be sent in a small padded manila envelope that will require hand cancelling and sorting. This typically adds to delivery time as much as 10 to 15 days for USA, other countries no doubt longer.

Update from the doc, tentative date for pacemaker install is 5/26. Looking forward to hopefully having more energy and being active again, maybe riding my bicycles etc.
*mooney3494n@icloud.com

bumper

Okay, I think I'm all caught up. If you received a regular email with PR installation instructions, then your PR will be in the first batch, (9 so far). Still time to get in on the first batch, as it won't go to the post office until tomorrow.

BTW is anyone else having issues with the PM system here? I hit send and it doesn't show as sent, or it cranks out a duplicate message etc.?

belloypilot

If you feel up to making another I’ll take one. Your work is certainly appreciated. Hopefully there’s something I’ll be able to do one day to return the favor. I’ll PM my contact information.

Oryx

Okay, I think I'm all caught up. If you received a regular email with PR installation instructions, then your PR will be in the first batch, (9 so far). Still time to get in on the first batch, as it won't go to the post office until tomorrow.

BTW is anyone else having issues with the PM system here? I hit send and it doesn't show as sent, or it cranks out a duplicate message etc.?
Thanks again Bumper.
What is the process to PM you? Can’t say I’ve done that on this site before?
Thanks in advance!

bumper

16 Pinky Rings are, "In the mail". I forgot to mention in the destructions, "After applying the clear double sided tape on the pitot tube just even with the lip ahead of the static ports, when you slide the PR up to the tape, twist the PR as you push it into position - twisting it will help get more adhesive under the PR".

Enjoy, and please report back on your results. It would be good to do Tom's altimeter test: (Note altimeter reading prior to takeoff, then accelerate at 5 to 10 feet AGL until you reach100 mph or so . . . note altimeter reading and compare to pre-takeoff reading"). Repeat this test after installing the PR and note the correction.

Please report back here.

Thanks!

Oryx

16 Pinky Rings are, "In the mail". I forgot to mention in the destructions, "After applying the clear double sided tape on the pitot tube just even with the lip ahead of the static ports, when you slide the PR up to the tape, twist the PR as you push it into position - twisting it will help get more adhesive under the PR".

Enjoy, and please report back on your results. It would be good to do Tom's altimeter test: (Note altimeter reading prior to takeoff, then accelerate at 5 to 10 feet AGL until you reach100 mph or so . . . note altimeter reading and compare to pre-takeoff reading"). Repeat this test after installing the PR and note the correction.

Please report back here.

Thanks!
I’ll do it

wldwzl01

Bumper,

Thank you so much, I installed and test flew with your pinky ring last night. Works great! And better than any of Thomas's mods because I gained 10mph!

bumper

Bumper,

Thank you so much, I installed and test flew with your pinky ring last night. Works great! And better than any of Thomas's mods because I gained 10mph!

Acing out the Thomas! Well, maybe not . . . but I'm glad you are pleased with it. Did you need the install tool?

Jeb

Mine is here. Will do the test for you! Taxiway to my hangar is closed this week so it will take a bit.
Thanks Bumper!