Pinky Rings??

Snowbirdxx

To simplify the test, , set the altimeter to the next thousand for easy reading, do a normal takeoff follower by an approach without flaps with power. . Do a go around as low as you feel comfortable and take a look at the altimeter before pulling up. It should read almost the same number as before takeoff.

Last edited:

belloypilot

To simplify the test, , set the altimeter to the next thousand for easy reading, do a normal takeoff follower by an approach without flaps with power. . Do a go around as low as you feel comfortable and take a look at the altimeter before pulling up. It should read almost the same number as before takeoff.
Hi Thomas. I’m curious why you recommend using flaps for this test. When I did it I’m pretty sure the error increased with air speed so I’d think more speed would be helpful detecting the problem. Just a dumb guy asking questions :)

JACK

Hi Thomas. I’m curious why you recommend using flaps for this test. When I did it I’m pretty sure the error increased with air speed so I’d think more speed would be helpful detecting the problem. Just a dumb guy asking questions :)
Read it again. He said “without flaps.”

Pudz

Hello Bumper
Following PR installation the altimeter error on low flyby went from 50' to zero
The IAS is certainly higher. (I am not willing to say by how much for fear of offending Thomas who has also been incredibly helpful to me)
It is also perhaps not a valid measurement anyway - on the other side of the planet - upside down, toilet bowl empties strangely and mammals lay eggs...
Thanks again
Pudz

bumper

Over two dozen PR's were mailed, though test results are still fairly sparse. I'll get another smaller batch ready after a few more confiming tests.

harry harper

Finally got a brief window for my new PR install. Along with a bit of test flying before and after. First off, until now I had never been accused of having too large of a "shaft". Had to use a bit of emery paper to carefully "massage" it for snug but proper fit of said PR. Did TD's dynamic pitot system check and had negligible error. I confess to having tried the O-ring mod and that seemed to have increased the cruise indicated speeds 3-4mph. The PR was about the same. Therefore, I would say that it worked as Bumper had intended. With an elegant and sanitary application. Thank you again Sir for your insight and efforts for this rowdy group of pilots.

bumper

Finally got a brief window for my new PR install. Along with a bit of test flying before and after. First off, until now I had never been accused of having too large of a "shaft". Had to use a bit of emery paper to carefully "massage" it for snug but proper fit of said PR. Did TD's dynamic pitot system check and had negligible error. I confess to having tried the O-ring mod and that seemed to have increased the cruise indicated speeds 3-4mph. The PR was about the same. Therefore, I would say that it worked as Bumper had intended. With an elegant and sanitary application. Thank you again Sir for your insight and efforts for this rowdy group of pilots.
Harry,

Glad that worked for you. However, I suggest to avoid removing material from the shaft if possible. Rather, put some oil on and use the included "installation tool" to push the pinky ring into place (you may need to push it on a bit, rock the tool back and forth to remove it, push on again, as the tool will tend to cinch down and tighten on the PR) . . . in this process the PR should stretch enough to slide into place. Then remove PR, clean oil off parts and proceed with adhesive application.

Update: Pacemaker installed last week. The new ones now have a lot of features, but not the mp3 player and air horn I requested. It went well and I'm in recovery mode.

JACK

Bumper,

So glad to hear the pacemaker installation was a success.

We haven't had the chance to install the pinky ring yet but will report back once it's on and tested.

Jeb

Oh man! Ditto what Jack said! And sorry you didn’t get the air horn. That would have been the best.

Paul Collins

Yes, hope the pacemaker is keeping pace with you! They must have put in a high speed model!
As for the air horn, that has already been installed and functions perfectly.
Paul Collins
N337DP

Snowbirdxx

Bumper, we are happy to hear that the Continuous spark igition system was installed well. Keep on going. Greetings Tom

jimhusky

Bumper, I am glad they successfully installed the basics, sorry about the missing accessories. When you are fully recovered, it would be fun to see you again.
Jim Jordan
N73GT

bumper

9 days since implant, almost no pain. Important not to raise elbow above shoulder. Rode bicycle for few hundred yards yesterday - had fixed a flat and of course needed to "test it" as I hadn't been on it for a couple of years since all this started. Got gently chewed out by nurse and reminded a fall would be catastrophic . . . she sounded just like my wife (and I told her so, asking if I'd ever been married to her?)- grin. Wife also gave me grief. Okay, I won't ride it! I am less fatigued and I think overall doing better.

DStewart

Over two dozen PR's were mailed, though test results are still fairly sparse. I'll get another smaller batch ready after a few more confiming tests.
I’m still running one that dates back to the first aluminum machined ones you brought to root however long ago that was. Has corrected asi using the above referenced test on 3 different huskys. Great to hear of your progress!

bumper

I’m still running one that dates back to the first aluminum machined ones you brought to root however long ago that was. Has corrected asi using the above referenced test on 3 different huskys. Great to hear of your progress!

Thanks! Just for clarification and transparency, did you take that Pinky ring off and install it on each new Husky?? Or did you wrangle a new Pinky Ring now and then?:)