2022 East Coast Husky Gathering

Flying Dave

It's 2022 Folks! So this is the 3rd annual ATTEMPT at a gathering..... lol. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. We are being shown up by almost every type group out there! What's going to take this year to get a group of Husky's together?? A quick count of the FAA database shows approximately 100 aircraft on the registry along the East Coast. Let's do this in 22!!

EDIT: It’s ON!!

The $&@%#*> Crow Island Wine Mixer! Ok. Step brothers joke. Maybe the 2022 Crow Island Classic?! Anywhoo mark your calendar for the weekend of June 24-26. Crow Island, MA. 8MA4.

1. AK Curt - 4N0
2. Kent Wein - KPOU
3. MarkZ - KPOU
4. Brad20j - KPOU
5. Luke06426 -TJVQ
6. CJM5199 - KSFM
7. JimC01 - NH16
8. Dave PA11 (tentative) -18V
9. Flying Dave/Jack - NC30
10.Groshel - KUNV
11. Vermont KDDH
12. BrianP - Local
13. JeffG - N07
14. Bjames777 - KLHZ
15. David M - KPWM
16. Blenaerts -3B3
17. Chris McClure - KJNX
18. DaltonLane2022 -
19. Raj Bhatia - KOXC

Last edited:

Flying Dave

Doesn’t matter to me. A good question to pose I guess it what’s a comfortable distance for folks to travel for say a 3 day weekend trip? 250-300 miles??

Ak Kurt

I better call Rob (owner of Crow Island) and see if this is ok which I have no doubt it will be and when works best.

Kurt

Ak Kurt

It's 2022 Folks! So this is the 3rd annual ATTEMPT at a gathering..... lol. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. We are being shown up by almost every type group out there! What's going to take this year to get a group of Husky's together?? A quick count of the FAA database shows approximately 100 aircraft on the registry along the East Coast. Let's do this in 22!!
Dave, I forgot, what airport are you based?

Ak Kurt

Ok everyone, I just got done talking to Rob Albright, the owner of Crow Island and one of my favorite people ever, he is a great guy! Anyway, Rob said June 25-26 week end works good. He is planning on doing seeding this spring for repairs and said later in June is best. Soooo, lets plan on weekend of June 25-26. Crow Island is great for camping if you would like to camp. The pond next to the runway is crystal clean water excellent for swimming if that is your thing. Gas is available at Minuteman which is 2.8 miles north and they have or at least had a great place to eat. There are fly out options during the day within a short flight that can be done if one wants.

This is an awesome place, very welcoming airport with fantastic people, I think it would be a great gathering spot for a Husky get together.

Ok, so who is in? June 25-26

I AM!

Kurt

DavePA11

Ok everyone, I just got done talking to Rob Albright, the owner of Crow Island and one of my favorite people ever, he is a great guy! Anyway, Rob said June 25-26 week end works good. He is planning on doing seeding this spring for repairs and said later in June is best. Soooo, lets plan on weekend of June 25-26. Crow Island is great for camping if you would like to camp. The pond next to the runway is crystal clean water excellent for swimming if that is your thing. Gas is available at Minuteman which is 2.8 miles north and they have or at least had a great place to eat. There are fly out options during the day within a short flight that can be done if one wants.

This is an awesome place, very welcoming airport with fantastic people, I think it would be a great gathering spot for a Husky get together.

Ok, so who is in? June 25-26

I AM!

Kurt
Another option is to flyin during one of their planned flyin dates. I don't recall when those are anymore. Ask Bill Brine since he might know too. He is based in Martha's Vineyard with Husky. I'm 1535nm to 8MA4. Might be fun trip.