2022 East Coast Husky Gathering

DavePA11

Brian P. can provide advice on landing at Crow Island when it gets closer. Winds usually favor landing on 29. Its a long grass strip. Just have to stay away from sides of the runway since there is a water pipe along the pond. Its a nice place to visit.

Last edited:

Flying Dave

First post updated! 16 potential Husky’s and a Cessna 180 beer hauler! A few are not board members but have expressed interest in going.

Kent I listed Mark as attending. Is that a safe assumption?

Ak Kurt

Just a bump with a date… June 25-26 for Eastern Husky Fly-in 8MA4, Crow Island west of Boston. Awesome place, awesome airport owner, be there!

Kurt

Glider

I’ll be at the RAF board meeting in Montana the last week in June. Sorry to miss what looks to be an epic event.
There is lots of good flying nearby Crow Island.
ADSB out is required as Crow is inside the class B vail for Boston.
A trip to the Cape and Islands is worthwhile.
Myrick’s Airfield in Berkeley, Cape Cod in Marston Mills, Katama in Edgartown and Chatham Muni are all good stops. Katama is a good stop for lunch; call ahead for special service at the Katama Kitchen. Lots of private strips along the way too if you can find a local guide with permission to land.

Bill Brine
KMVY

Last edited:

DavePA11

Crow Island within Boston mode-c:
2022-02-14_16-38-45.jpg

Crow Island on 45 to runway 29. Very high, but he drops vertically.

IMG_0952_arrows.jpg

IMG_0955_arrow.jpg

Swim in the pond along the runway...
IMG_1652.jpg

Attachments

• 2022-02-14_16-38-45.jpg
    2022-02-14_16-38-45.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Flying Dave

In talking with the Aviat guys here at SNF I got the impression that if this thing gains some traction they would be willing to help out some. Not sure what that meant. Maybe some swag or some publicity in some fashion. Either way the response was very receptive.

Flying Dave

Btw. I’ve counted over 20 skywagons here at SNF. I have yet to see another Husky other than ours. I can’t figure it out.

Ak Kurt

I talked to Rob, owner of Crow Island, he is offering to do a pancake breakfast for us Sunday morning. Bonfire Saturday night and so on. He will have a car for us to run into town for supplies or a short 2 mile walk. Looking like its going to be a great time!

Kurt