2022 East Coast Husky Gathering

Luke06426

Closer??? Too far away??? No excuses!! I'll be coming from Vieques (TJVQ) off the east end of Puerto Rico (does that qualify me for the "east coast"?). I'm planning to leave around June 8 and make a leisurely trip of it to get there in time - any suggestions for cool places to stop or spend a night or two along the way? I have my favorites but looking for new ones. Then I'll follow-up the fly-in with my annual scheduled the next week with Sam Barth at Saratoga Springs.

Kent Wien

Closer??? Too far away??? No excuses!! I'll be coming from Vieques (TJVQ) off the east end of Puerto Rico (does that qualify me for the "east coast"?). I'm planning to leave around June 8 and make a leisurely trip of it to get there in time - any suggestions for cool places to stop or spend a night or two along the way? I have my favorites but looking for new ones. Then I'll follow-up the fly-in with my annual scheduled the next week with Sam Barth at Saratoga Springs.
Way to go, Luke! I've always wanted to stop at First Flight (KFFA). Have you been there?

Luke06426

Way to go, Luke! I've always wanted to stop at First Flight (KFFA). Have you been there?
First Flight is definitely worth stopping at. I stopped there for an afternoon on my way down here in December. Then went to Ocracoke for a night which is also worth going to - although it was pretty quiet in December.

cjm5199

I am in. I’m fairly local based SFM, so I would probably day trip unless I can bank some serious points with my better half in the next two weeks.

A fair few good grass strips in NH / Maine for exploration as well (chartered and not just over the border (02ME, 56NH, NH31) etc etc

Kent Wien

Great CJM!

Saturday will be a pancake breakfast in the morning followed by a flight departing no later than 11 for Rhinebeck to catch the airshow there. Then back to 8MA4 for grilling that evening. Hope you can join us that day at least!

Kent

Kent Wien

It’s a go! This weekend, Friday to Sunday!
Here’s the unofficial schedule for the 1st ever East Coast Husky Fly-In:

Husky Fly-In tentative Schedule:

Friday:

(Optional) Smaller group will depart POU at noon. Land at Sky Acres 44N for lunch.

2pm: Fly to 8MA4 Crow Island
Set up camp.
Grill and Bonfire starting at 8 or 9. Feel free to arrive any time on Friday

Saturday:

7:30 or 8 until Noon. Pancake Breakfast! Pay what you want.

10:00 pilot meeting for flight to Rhinebeck at 10:30.

1-4 Rhinebeck Airshow (Food Available at Show)

4pm Fly back to 8MA4

8 or 9 pm Grill and Bonfire.

Sunday:

Morning: Depart Crow Island for 44N Sky Acres for a farewell breakfast and gas.

Non-Husky Types are welcome as well!

Kent

Luke06426

It’s a go! This weekend, Friday to Sunday!
Here’s the unofficial schedule for the 1st ever East Coast Husky Fly-In:

Husky Fly-In tentative Schedule:

Friday:

(Optional) Smaller group will depart POU at noon. Land at Sky Acres 44N for lunch.

2pm: Fly to 8MA4 Crow Island
Set up camp.
Grill and Bonfire starting at 8 or 9. Feel free to arrive any time on Friday

Saturday:

7:30 or 8 until Noon. Pancake Breakfast! Pay what you want.

10:00 pilot meeting for flight to Rhinebeck at 10:30.

1-4 Rhinebeck Airshow (Food Available at Show)

4pm Fly back to 8MA4

8 or 9 pm Grill and Bonfire.

Sunday:

Morning: Depart Crow Island for 44N Sky Acres for a farewell breakfast and gas.

Non-Husky Types are welcome as well!

Kent
I'm excited. In DC currently but flying to Connecticut tomorrow.

Couple of things:

1. I have tent and sleeping bag etc, but no cooking stuff etc. What do I need to bring as there isn't a Smith and Wollensky at Crow Island :)

2. When departing Rhinebeck, I'm first goin to go to Saratoga Springs for an hour. Sam Bart, who runs Barth Aviation Services, has a 5pm to 9pm summer party at the hangar to benefit Angel Flight East (support old veterans to get to DC for maybe the last time). I'm planning to go for maybe 5 to 6pm and then head back to Crow Island. If anyone else is interested you can get more details at https://sendomatic.com/asp/v?e=17986780&u=131 and can sign up there. I'm taking my Husky back to Barth on the 29th for its annual. Sam used to be an Aviat Test Pilot for a couple of years, gave me my initial Husky training, and is an A&P that focuses on Huskies and C195s (in case you are looking for an A&P).

3. What time is the plan for lunch at Sky Acres? I won't come to POU but it is a short hop from KSNC.

See you this weekend.
Luke

Kent Wien

I'm excited. In DC currently but flying to Connecticut tomorrow.

Couple of things:

1. I have tent and sleeping bag etc, but no cooking stuff etc. What do I need to bring as there isn't a Smith and Wollensky at Crow Island :)

2. When departing Rhinebeck, I'm first goin to go to Saratoga Springs for an hour. Sam Bart, who runs Barth Aviation Services, has a 5pm to 9pm summer party at the hangar to benefit Angel Flight East (support old veterans to get to DC for maybe the last time). I'm planning to go for maybe 5 to 6pm and then head back to Crow Island. If anyone else is interested you can get more details at https://sendomatic.com/asp/v?e=17986780&u=131 and can sign up there. I'm taking my Husky back to Barth on the 29th for its annual. Sam used to be an Aviat Test Pilot for a couple of years, gave me my initial Husky training, and is an A&P that focuses on Huskies and C195s (in case you are looking for an A&P).

3. What time is the plan for lunch at Sky Acres? I won't come to POU but it is a short hop from KSNC.

See you this weekend.
Luke
Great plan Luke. We may join you to say hi to Sam.

Maybe 1 at Sky Acres? I have your number, so we’ll give you a more firm idea perhaps the night before.

No cooking supplies needed. They are grilling for us on Friday and Saturday night.