2022 East Coast Husky Gathering

I will do my best to get up there (it is about a six hour flight with no stops, so it would basically take one day to get there (I am old enough that I need several stops with a flight of that length!)...

It's 2022 Folks! So this is the 3rd annual ATTEMPT at a gathering..... lol. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. We are being shown up by almost every type group out there! What's going to take this year to get a group of Husky's together?? A quick count of the FAA database shows approximately 100 aircraft on the registry along the East Coast. Let's do this in 22!!

EDIT: It’s ON!!

The $&@%#*> Crow Island Wine Mixer! Ok. Step brothers joke. Maybe the 2022 Crow Island Classic?! Anywhoo mark your calendar for the weekend of June 25-26. Crow Island, MA. 8MA4.

1. AK Curt - 4N0
2. Kent Wein - KPOU
3. MarkZ - KPOU
4. Brad20j - KPOU
5. Luke06426 (tentative)
6. CJM5199 (tentative)
7. JimC01 - NH16
8. Dave PA11 (tentative) -18V
9. Flying Dave/Jack (tentative) - NC30
10.Groshel - KUNV
11. Vermont KDDH
12. BrianP - Local
13. Chris McClure - KJNX
14. JeffG - N07
15. Bjames777 - KLHZ
16. David M - KPWM
17. Blenaerts -3B3
Rats! I just discovered that this flyin conflicts with a Convention that I need to attend...Thus I will miss this one.

It's 2022 Folks! So this is the 3rd annual ATTEMPT at a gathering..... lol. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. We are being shown up by almost every type group out there! What's going to take this year to get a group of Husky's together?? A quick count of the FAA database shows approximately 100 aircraft on the registry along the East Coast. Let's do this in 22!!

EDIT: It’s ON!!

The $&@%#*> Crow Island Wine Mixer! Ok. Step brothers joke. Maybe the 2022 Crow Island Classic?! Anywhoo mark your calendar for the weekend of June 25-26. Crow Island, MA. 8MA4.

1. AK Curt - 4N0
2. Kent Wein - KPOU
3. MarkZ - KPOU
4. Brad20j - KPOU
5. Luke06426 (tentative)
6. CJM5199 (tentative)
7. JimC01 - NH16
8. Dave PA11 (tentative) -18V
9. Flying Dave/Jack (tentative) - NC30
10.Groshel - KUNV
11. Vermont KDDH
12. BrianP - Local
13. JeffG - N07
14. Bjames777 - KLHZ
15. David M - KPWM
16. Blenaerts -3B3
Looks like I may be able to attend after all - I cancelled my conflicting event...put me down as a tentative

Last edited:

Tommy2

I would like to make it later in the year. I’m in AK until Aug. if you put a fly in from then on I’m try to make it.have fun guys.

Ak Kurt

Ok everyone, Kent is working on some cool fly outs and we are finalizing everything. It would be best to start showing up Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. We are planning flyouts for Saturday and Sunday with social gathering bonfire in the evenings. Pancake breakfasts in the mornings before flyouts. All the details are being worked out. Sooooo, with that being said, who’s in? Post again if you already posted. Would like to get some rough numbers. This is going to be a fun fly in for the Husky owners, don't miss it!

Kurt

JimC01

Ok everyone, Kent is working on some cool fly outs and we are finalizing everything. It would be best to start showing up Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. We are planning flyouts for Saturday and Sunday with social gathering bonfire in the evenings. Pancake breakfasts in the mornings before flyouts. All the details are being worked out. Sooooo, with that being said, who’s in? Post again if you already posted. Would like to get some rough numbers. This is going to be a fun fly in for the Husky owners, don't miss it!

Kurt
Jim Crawford is in.
I live close enough to help with whatever.

Kent Wien

Just to add to the list of reasons to join us for the East Coast Husky Fly-In, we have received permission to fly in to Old Rhinebeck on one of their airshow days. If you haven’t been to Rhinebeck, it’s something EVERY pilot should see.

The plan is to fly into the show from Crow Island before the official start. (11am works best). Catch the show and then fly back to Crow. You won’t be disappointed! They can handle however many Huskys we bring, so let’s make it a good turnout.

The Saturday show has flights of a Jenny, the insanely perfect and accurate Spirit of St. Louis they recently finished and a bunch of other 1910s type aircraft. They have food on site and a museum and two gift shops.

it’s a grass strip that’s easy enough to get into. 2200’ long. Landing there is by permission only, and that’s taken care of!

So come on out to the Friday/Saturday and Sunday Husky East coast fly-in!

Kent